pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I clear my Push Queue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snuffy2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Can I clear my Push Queue? Reply with quote

So I was messing with pyTivo-Auto-Push (http://code.google.com/p/pytivo-auto-push/). I inadvertently queued up my entire collection of Videos (3000+) to be pushed to my Tivo. How can I clear (and see) my queue?

I've turned off the Auto-Push Service, turned off the pyTivo service and rebooted the Tivo but the Tivo still brings up the blue transfer light after the reboot, but now that pyTivo is closed there is now show being transferred in the Now Playing list.

How can I completely clear the push queue so the blue xfer light goes out and I can restart pyTivo?

Thanx
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear.

The queue is kept on mind.tivo.com. I think there may be a way to cancel shows from the queue, but haven't really looked into it.

Try this: temporarily change the share's path to point to an empty directory, and start up pyTivo. Then the TiVo will get 404's for each request, which I hope will stop it asking. With 3000 pending requests, though, it could still take a while.

Snuffy2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Setting the shares to a 'dummy' blank directory worked, BUT it took >24 hours for it to get through the entire queue. The Blue light kept flashing on & off as if it was still trying each & every file. I would try to turn of pyTivo or set it back to the normal shares folder and each time the blue light came back on & transfers resumed.

So for the next person who messes up like i did, follow wmcbrine's advice and set the share to a dummy blank folder, restart pyTivo & BE PATIENT. It'll clear eventually.

Thanx for your help.
jean d

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was transferring 2 or 3 .mkv files to the TiVo one day and it didn't seem to transfer (after 10's of minutes the first file was still 0:00 long), so I canceled it and deleted it. However, I had a few others scheduled to transfer after it was done, but they never started. so I think the TiVo thinks its still transferring because when I try to transfer another file, it says it will add it to the queue. In my now playing list I have zero recordings with the blue dot next to it, and my TiVo's front display has the blue transfer light. Ive rebooted the TiVo, PyTiVo, and my computer several times. In my Scheduled Recordings list, Ive canceled the remaining scheduled transfers listed. Ive emtied out the folder and rebooted my tivo, the blue light went out, but when I moved my files back and tried to schedule a new transfer I got the same message saying it will transfer after previously scheduled transfers finished. I don't know what to do. Any idea's??????????
rdian06

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the computer side, locate the recording that had trouble transferring.

Move that file out of your shared folder. Then replace it with an empty file that has the exact same name as the original recording.

This should force pyTivo to issue a different error code when your Tivo requests the file again and hopefully break the loop.
wperry1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wmcbrine wrote:
Oh dear.

The queue is kept on mind.tivo.com. I think there may be a way to cancel shows from the queue, but haven't really looked into it.

Try this: temporarily change the share's path to point to an empty directory, and start up pyTivo. Then the TiVo will get 404's for each request, which I hope will stop it asking. With 3000 pending requests, though, it could still take a while.

Is there any way to view the queue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: