Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:56 pm Post subject: Meliman - Media Library Manager
First, I'd like to say great work to the developers of pyTivo. I've been using it for about a year and it just rocks.
One thing that I, like so many others, have needed is a way to add metadata to my files and organize them into a logical library for use with pyTivo. To facilitate this, I wrote a media library manager called Meliman. You can find it here:
Meliman is written in Python, so it should be 100% cross platform (though I've never tested it on windows). It is a command line application, so if you aren't comfortable on the command line, it might not be for you.
Features (from the README):
- Lookup series from thetvdb.com based on a search string
- Lookup episodes from thetvdb.com based on a search string
- Lookup movies from imdb.com based on a search string
- Caches movie, series and episode data locally to prevent frequent network access
- Generates cleaned-up file names for media files based on metadata
- Generates metadata for media files
- Manages a library directory structured by series name, seasons and episode numbers
- Generates Genre folders for series and movies
- Watches an incoming directory for new media files and copies those files to the library, properly tagging and naming those files
- Maintains a list of recently added media files in the library
Meliman is free and I am planning on licensing it under the GPL (just haven't got around to it yet). I welcome any and all contributions and feedback on how to make it better.
Please read the README file on the github page to get more information on the product and see some example usages.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum