pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TiVo Release 14.9 and Metadata
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prognosis is zero. It's a TiVo-side bug. You'll just have to hope they fix it.

The only thing further I could do would be to try adding fields to the container XML one by one, and see if any of them stick. But I expect no further results from such activity. (I may try it anyway.)

Well, maybe limited results from uniqueId. Gotta try that next...

Jonathan S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wmcbrine wrote:
wmcbrine wrote:
I got tvRating back by adding it to the short-form metadata (in the container list), as 20.2 does. In my repo now. I'll see what else I can do.

mpaaRating, too.

epsiodeNumber appears in the short-form metadata but is still not honored. Sad
wmcbrine wrote:
I have a workaround for the missing time metadata in my repo now. Basically it now works exactly as before 20.2, including with "time: file" and "time: oad" keywords. (While doing this, I also found a bug in the handling of originalAirDate, when it's set to the file time -- a time zone issue.)
This is helpful, I was trying to understand why a transfer I just tried wasn't fully honoring the metadata. But oddly what I saw tonight is almost the reverse of what you were describing back in Jan.

I'm seeing the Episode # in the pulled file, but it seems to be ignoring the 'time' metadata (the episode is getting listed/sorted on the TiVo based on the date/time transferred; not on the time listed. I tried both setting the time to the correct value and the "OAD" special value, same results)

This is with a TiVo Elite running 20.2.1. And I'd uninstalled an old copy of pyTiVo and switched to the current copy just before this transfer.

Is the 'time' metadata a current known issue? Or is this possibly some user error on my part.
Thanks
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not known to me, but I'll check it. Most of the metadata issues got fixed with the last TiVo software revision (20.2.1.1).

Let's see... nope, it's working correctly for me.

Jonathan S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wmcbrine wrote:
Not known to me, but I'll check it. Most of the metadata issues got fixed with the last TiVo software revision (20.2.1.1).

Let's see... nope, it's working correctly for me.
Thanks. I tried some other transfers and they worked, then retried the original one and it also worked.

I did reorder a couple things in the metadata file, but that shouldn't have affected anything. Anyway could not reproduce today and the transfered episode is now being sorted in correctly.

Thank you again for checking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: