pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TiVo Release 14.9 and Metadata
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeInMV

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: TiVo Release 14.9 and Metadata Reply with quote

pyTivo has been working great for me until my Premiere XL updated to 14.9. I have it already because my box is part of early rollout.

Since the update, metadata has not been transferring correctly to my TiVo. I get the Series Title, Episode Title, channel (Numeric and Call sign) and Description. It ignores everything else.

It's using the modify date of the video I'm trying to upload as the date recorded, and instead of putting the channel information on the next line, it's putting it on the same line as the date causing it to truncate the call sign.

It still puts the show into the correct folder by title when I upload it, but it's sorted by date in the wrong order of course, because it's getting the wrong date.

I hope that someone can figure out what TiVo changed with the release of 14.9. I have been reading some stuff about it online, and there are some known differences in the user interface. I also think it's slightly faster using the HD menus now.

Thanks,
Joe.
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TiVo Release 14.9 and Metadata Reply with quote

JoeInMV wrote:
pyTivo has been working great for me until my Premiere XL updated to 14.9. I have it already because my box is part of early rollout.

Actually most if not all Premiere users have 14.9.2.2 now, at least the standalone customers. Smile

Quote:
Since the update, metadata has not been transferring correctly to my TiVo. I get the Series Title, Episode Title, channel (Numeric and Call sign) and Description. It ignores everything else.

I'll see if I can duplicate what you're seeing. Sometimes one metadata field will be dependent on another in a surprising way -- e.g., mpaaRating won't work unless movieYear is set.

But rather than you listing (what you think are) the only working fields, I think it would be more helpful to have some sample metadata files with fields that aren't working for you.

Quote:
... instead of putting the channel information on the next line, it's putting it on the same line as the date causing it to truncate the call sign.

pyTivo can't control the way the channel info is displayed.

JoeInMV

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the files. It was generated by kmttg when I downloaded from my TiVo. I don't see anything different than other programs that I have downloaded.

Thanks,
Joe.

title : The Simpsons
seriesTitle : The Simpsons
description : Thirty years in the future, Bart, Lisa and their children spend the holidays at Marge and Homer's house.
time : 2011-12-12T04:00:00Z
isEpisode : true
iso_duration : PT33M59S
originalAirDate : 2011-12-11T00:00:00Z
episodeTitle : Holidays of Future Passed
isEpisodic : true
showingBits : 995331
tvRating : x4
episodeNumber : 2218
displayMajorNumber : 702
callsign : KTVUDT
seriesId : SH018693
vActor : Castellaneta|Dan
vActor : Kavner|Julie
vActor : Cartwright|Nancy
vActor : Smith|Yeardley
vActor : Azaria|Hank
vActor : Shearer|Harry
vActor : Hayden|Pamela
vActor : MacNeille|Tress
vExecProducer : Brooks|James L.
vExecProducer : Groening|Matt
vExecProducer : Jean|Al
vProgramGenre : Animated
vProgramGenre : Holiday
vProgramGenre : Sitcom
vProgramGenre : Christmas
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've reproduced this and I'm partway to a solution, but it needs a little more work to nail it down. Hopefully tomorrow.
JoeInMV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.

THanks for all the effort you put into pyTivo.
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have it sorted. (I just need to do a lot more testing before I commit the changes.) I'll quote from the ChangeLog:

Quote:
With software version 14.9, TiVos have become much more strict about the "tvRating" field -- the text version is no longer ignored, but must match the number; if not, the entire TvBus page is rejected. So, I'm taking this opportunity to redo the rating handling properly -- no more "x1", etc. Now, the ratings are stored as numbers internally, and rendered to text in the templates.

wmcbrine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my repos now.
philhu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. I was about to report this for my Premiere

I see in the quoted sample, tvRating is set to x4

That now works correctly?
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, all the old formats are still recognized. pyTivo itself will now only output the canonical, human-readable form to metadata, but that's been true for a while. The latest changes mean that tvRating will be output as "PG", "14", etc. instead of "TV-PG" or "TV-14", and "Unrated" is now "NR". But all these forms are recognized when reading metadata.
JoeInMV

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, the changes work great. I noticed one small "gotcha" with the episode number of something I uploaded being 0, but I'm almost certain it was due to kmttg being confused. It really wasn't episodic, it was more of a special. I didn't think to look at the metadata file before I deleted it from my computer.
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode numbers don't transfer -- that's a whole separate issue. That's been broken since... I dunno... years now. Sad The only way around it seems to be to send a .TiVo file. So, I'm working on having pyTivo generate a fake .TiVo file as it sends. It works, experimentally, but I need to reengineer it for real use.

(See here: http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/pulls-not-showing-all-data-in-metafile-file-t1300-45.html#11406

And yeah, I wrote that back in May 2011, and it hasn't happened yet. I got hung up on the idea of incorporating transport stream functionality at the same time, but that's been going nowhere. Anyway, I actually wrote up an outline for the new send_file() function the other day, and I'm going to go ahead with this without worrying about transport streams. Just to get the damn episode numbers working.)

philhu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wmcbrine wrote:
Episode numbers don't transfer -- that's a whole separate issue. That's been broken since... I dunno... years now. Sad The only way around it seems to be to send a .TiVo file. So, I'm working on having pyTivo generate a fake .TiVo file as it sends. It works, experimentally, but I need to reengineer it for real use.

(See here: http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/pulls-not-showing-all-data-in-metafile-file-t1300-45.html#11406

And yeah, I wrote that back in May 2011, and it hasn't happened yet. I got hung up on the idea of incorporating transport stream functionality at the same time, but that's been going nowhere. Anyway, I actually wrote up an outline for the new send_file() function the other day, and I'm going to go ahead with this without worrying about transport streams. Just to get the damn episode numbers working.)

YAY! With this, the sorts of programs loaded back to the tivo will SORT CORRECTLY (I think)
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wmcbrine wrote:
... I'm going to go ahead with this without worrying about transport streams.

Well, you can ignore that statement, because I have transport streams working now, finally.

JoeInMV

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd give a heads up that 20.2-01-2 is now the released software as of this afternoon. Probably most will get it after the nightly call.

I hope they didn't break things for pyTivo again.
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that was the shortest tenure of a software version on my TiVo ever.

And wouldn't you know it, they managed to break this again in 20.2. Back to the drawing board...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: