pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XBMC .nfo generation, Metagenerator, Serviio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
j22barb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: XBMC .nfo generation, Metagenerator, Serviio Reply with quote

I have been using a program that is really great for DLNA capable devices. It is called Serviio and can be downloaded from www.serviio.org.

I also use a program from here for my Tivo, of course it is Pytivo. But the other program that is trully valuable is MetaGenerator now being developed by dlfl. He has really improved its functionality.

Anyway, one of the items that I can not get to work with Serviio is being able to see the .nfo or what I really want is to be able to see the PLOT information.

dlfl thinks he can add the creation a .nfo to Metagenerator that might be able to be used.

I have used a program called MediaCompanion3.416b and also one called EMBER to create the files that XBMC can see, as that is what these program create the information for.

Anyway if any of you great programers can figure out a way to make this all work it would be appreciated.

I have attached some files that were created with MediaCompanion. These have links to the following location on my server.

TV show D:\Shares\Data\Videos\TV\Durham County\Durham County - S02E01 - Little Lost Children this had the items you wanted.

Movie D:\Shares\Data\Videos\Documentary\Loose Change 911 - An American Coup

Files.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Files.zip
 Filesize:  1.43 MB
 Downloaded:  55 Time(s)

dlfl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this will help. Some initial questions:
1. Do these files work, i.e., do they put metadata and artwork on your DLNA media player (TV I think it was ?).
2. Look at the various images (.jpg and .tbn). Which ones are actually used (i.e., displayed) and are they displayed in some Serviio software or just on the TV? I'm hoping at least for starters that MG3 can just output the cover art it now generates as the .tbn file and forget about any other images. (Other art might be added later.)
3. What's the difference between how the system uses the Outline and Plot data? Do you really need both?

j22barb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Answers to your ??? Reply with quote

1. Do these files work, i.e., do they put metadata and artwork on your DLNA media player (TV I think it was ?).

> When I go into the Serviio server listing on my TV, I get the following directories under Videos. actors, directors, genre, producers, titles, movies, series, folders, last viewed, last added. Next to the name of the movie is a jpg of the movie.

2. Look at the various images (.jpg and .tbn). Which ones are actually used (i.e., displayed) and are they displayed in some Serviio software or just on the TV? I'm hoping at least for starters that MG3 can just output the cover art it now generates as the .tbn file and forget about any other images. (Other art might be added later.)

It looks like the .tbn and the jpg files are the same picture.

3. What's the difference between how the system uses the Outline and Plot data? Do you really need both?

I do not know as I have never been able to see the Plot or Outline Data.

Hope this helps
dlfl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sent five images in the zip, 3 .jpg and 2 .tbn. Each image is different from all the others. (??).

Perhaps you could experment deleting (or moving) images and determine which one(s) are actually needed for your application.

Is the lack of response to outline or plot wrong, or is it possible Serviio isn't intended use that info? I would assume it should put at least a small outline or plot summary on your TV screen but I don't know.

j22barb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the long the long delay in the answer. I have been away with limited access. The only picture needed is the .jpg
dlfl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten involved in some other things so don't know how soon I'll get back to this. It's been so long since I was thinking about it, I'll have to review our posts just to remember what we were doing.
dlfl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm basically starting over here. I understand you are using XBMC to create .nfo files and artwork files (.jpg) that are placed with your video files to be served by SERVIIO.

Take a look at your .nfo files and compare them to the examples given here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import_-_Export_Library#Video_nfo_Files

How do they compare? We need to determine some things:
1. What things aren't essential. Do we really have to fill in the Video and Audio codec information?
2. Some things such as <filenameandpath> may be problematic for MG3 to generate if you are moving the video after MG3 is done with it.
3. What folder structure is needed for the tV show and tv episode xml's? Do we have to have both of these? What is the situation now on your system regarding these issues?

My approach to determining what isn't essential would be to first find out what is already missing from the .nfo files you have, and second try editing additional things out and see if the files still work OK.

Once we determine the core essential elements and resolve the TV Show/Episode issues, then I can determine whether MG3 can make the required files.

j22barb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well try to get back to asap. presently starting a new contract and will see how much time I can give.
philhu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in this. Using boxee box and pytivo on same tv directories

I asked the same question for the nfo file creators

Nfo files and pytivo txt files are very close. Nfo also can contain a URL or local path to show art. Usually on thetvdb.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: