From pyTivo - Wiki
After the "Spring 2007" software update users of any form of TiVoComeBack started experiencing problems with subfolders, TiVo no longer lets you browse subfolders. Currently there is no complete fix for this problem. Below is an analysis and discussion about what causes this and how to fix it.
So here is what happens.
It seems that the first time you use the TiVoComeBack feature it works fine, and I think after a period of time a cache in TiVo empties and it will work fine again for another single use.
But after you use TiVoComeBack once every future request from TiVo becomes messy. TiVo starts requesting the very first folder you used for no reason in every request. And it sticks to this folder, like it is stuck in a cache somewhere.
- TiVo requests the proper subfolder.
- pyTivo responds with correct info.
- Then almost instantaneously !TiVo requests the "erroneous folder"
- This second request must be filled, you cannot simply ignore it. And whatever info you provide is what will show up on the screen.
There were two solutions available to solve this problem:
- SubFoldersBranch - This is a version of pyTivo which attempts to work around the "erroneous request" from !TiVo. This allows pyTivo to function exactly as it did before the 8.3 bug.
- The autoshares setting - This creates individual shares for each subfolder and places them all in your Now Playing List.