From pyTivo - WikiTiVo Desktop, pyTivo loads many standard video compression codecs and outputs mpeg2 video to the TiVo. However, pyTivo is able to load many more file types than TiVo Desktop.
pyTivo is in no way affiliated with TiVo, Inc.
- Output 4:3 or 16:9 and pad your video if needed.
- Transfer compatible video files without transcoding.
- Transfer TiVo recordings (.tivo) from computer to TiVo.
- Display Metadata about your video.
- Serve Music and Photos through the HMO protocol
- Support for Windows, Linux, and Mac
In order to run pyTivo you will need:
- A compatible TiVo with active subscription (standalone Series 2, Series 3/HD or Series 4; limited (non-video) support for modified DirecTV Series 2 units)
- A Python interpreter, versions 2.4 to 2.7 are compatible
- A Current Release of pyTivo
- The Python Imaging Library -- if you plan on using the photo plugin
See the install pages for more detailed settings for specific operating systems.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- If you still have a problem: